“Cooking with fresh ingredients” may seem simple on paper, but most people don’t seem to get the gist of this practice. This is not a common practice for many, since not all families cook from scratch in the first place. The challenging thought of this usually prompts us instead to buy large packages or packets of food where we have to read and follow the ingredients. At other times, we buy a meal plans, then we cook or reheat them.
This is a healthy form of cooking that actually requires a lot of passion and practice. However, it is guaranteed that this is more fun and a lot easier than expected. To those who want to shed a few kilos, this is also highly recommended.
What are the Advantages of this Type of Cooking?
1. Economical: You can take advantage of the in-season produce that are generally inexpensive. Buying them in bulk will also help you save a lot of effort and money.
2. Nutritious: With organic ingredients, you are assured that there are no chemicals, preservatives, additives, or any foreign material present.
3. Meal Self-Planning: This helps you plan your meals for the whole week according to what you prefer or love. Below is a sample:
Sunday – Chinese cuisine Day
Monday – Garden Fresh Salad Day
Tuesday – Bake Day
Wednesday – “No Meat” Day
Thursday – Mexican Style Day
Friday – Pasta Day
Saturday – New Recipe Day.
With this type of cooking, you can produce your own menu for the week depending on the cravings of your families. It is important to keep a tab on the recipes that the whole family wants, and have it featured once in a week.
4. Self-Innovate:With cooking from scratch, you can innovate using the meals that have been left over from the previous day. If a previous meal is a large one and is still well-chilled for future use, you can recook it as an entirely new meal for the family to enjoy.
5. Veggie Opportunity: If any of your family members do not want to eat vegetables, you can cook from scratch and include a few vegetables on a meal that everyone can enjoy.
6. Palatability: Usually, food from this type of cooking is much more appreciated than a take-away.
7. Diverse Ingredients: With scratch cooking, you can toss many types of ingredients in a pot. You can put as many vegetables or root crops as possible to go along with meat or protein. These can be combined with either a rich soup, natural oils, pasta, or even taco. Rarely can you see this much color and variety in packaged food.
8. Recommended for All: With this type of cooking, any member of the family can benefit, depending on each one’s preferences, cravings, or dislikes.
Definitely, this is the new wave of cooking that can be enjoyed by the family together for 7 days a week. With proper planning and consideration to health, sumptuous and healthy eating habits can surely benefit everybody.